Monday, July 5, 2010

Fun at home for July 4th

My other half, normally fun, friendly, and unfailingly supportive, has been a bit of a bear the last week or so.

We had a relaxing Sunday morning, watching the news followed a big cooked breakfast. Nice and homey. I worked on the galley proof of my latest for a while and then finally decided to take a shower and get the day started.

I was just getting out of the shower when I heard my phone ring with the other half's ring tone. I was surprised since I thought that he was home, but ran out to the living room, still dripping and bare. Rather sheepishly, he asked me to come rescue him and, confused since I thought that he was still home, I asked him what I was supposed to do to rescue him.

Still sheepishly, he explained that he was at the car wash with my car and he had locked the keys in the car. He was trying to surprise me and make up for his recent bad mood.

My other half's profession? Locksmith. He spends most of his days rescuing people who lock their keys in their houses, offices, or cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment