Saturday, July 10, 2010

One person's trash...


There used to be a yarn factory hidden behind large pine trees at the edge of our residential neighborhood. When it closed last year, someone decided to open an antique/consignment shop in the large space.

I drive by it every day on my way back and forth from work but had never stopped in until last Saturday. It was an interesting mix of antiques, consignments of some really nice furniture, and UVA overstock of old dorm furniture and office equipment. I found something that I've been looking for for years - an old library card catalogue.

The one that I found is definitely showing it's age and hard use, but it's the perfect piece to use to store all of my small sewing and craft supplies. 72 drawers to fill with thread, beads, and all manner of other supplies for the different crafts that I like.

After moving some other furniture around, it has found a home in my sewing room.

No comments:

Post a Comment