Friday, November 26, 2010

A character revealed


Last week I wrote about losing Connor. He was such a wonderful dog and it's been hard getting used to life without his constant presence. Our other dog, Pippin, thought that he should have equal time on my blog, so this week I'm posting a picture of him and revealing that he is one character who has appeared unchanged in one of my books, Unexpected Guest.

While Connor was a quiet presence, Pippin is an in-your-face attention grabber. Very sweet in his way and very exuberant, he settles down with me early in the morning when I write and most of the words that I've written have been "set to paper" with his head resting on my lap.

4 comments:

  1. Pippin was described so well in the book. A real personality came through with a strong presence that was a great addition to the story.
    Unexpected Guest was another great read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Leni - for seeing Pippin's personality and for the comment about the book. I'm glad that you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't Pippin a handsome fellow!
    And I love his sleepy friend there, too, beside him!
    I'm going to have to read Unexpected Guest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carol,

    His sleepy friend is "Lucky", named for her horse-shoe shaped strip on her side. They're the best of friends and hang out together all of the time!

    ReplyDelete