Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Good bye, big boy




Connor died last night. He was a big dog, 120 pounds, and had been having trouble getting around for almost a year. He was fine when I left for work and died after taking a few breaths when I got home.

He was a wonderful dog. He would have been the result if I could have custom ordered my perfect dog. When I was going through chemo, he was my constant companion - checking me out when I coughed, sleeping next to me instead of in his bed, standing next to me when I was laying on the sofa and resting his head on my chest. He knew something was wrong with me and did everything in his doggie arsenal to make me feel better.

It's never easy to lose a pet, but losing Connor hurts more than I could have imagined.

2 comments:

  1. Oh god, I am so sorry, Andy. :(

    ~smooches and snuggles~
    Jase

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am so sorry. He was a beautiful dog. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete